Monday, October 5, 2009

saving trees

The internet is such a wonderful thing. Lately, i have been hunting for jobs that pay well and that i could do while in law school. The only place i have been looking is the internet. Some employers even prefer that applications be sent via email. The convenience is not just on the job seekers' side, but also on the employers'. It's also cheaper to do it this way.

Some years back, before learning about jobstreet, jobsdb and other job search sites, i printed a dozen or so of my resumes before even going to potential employers. I had to have a decent photo taken and replicated. I had to buy the Sunday edition of Manila Bulletin for a couple of weeks. It wasn't quite as expensive for me then. Then, fresh out of undergrad, i was (shamelessly) being supported by my parents. Funny how becoming one has made such expenses quite expensive.

So now, all i have to have is a softcopy of my resume with photo and hit send 20 or 30 times or more. I can even narrow the scope of my search. And all applications i can do at home. All i have to do is wait and hope that someone on the other side likes my photo or my resume.

No comments: