Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hiding in Cyberspace

It's funny how you can actually “hide” in cyberspace. You see not a lot of people know my older blog site so it's kinda useful when you wanna rant but do not want certain people to read it, for one reason or another. Like if you wanna blog about the “greatness” of law school life and you really don’t feel like having other law students read it. Perhaps, write poetry & not give your high school friends material to heckle you with. For me, it is most useful when I wanna blog about my Alma Mater & I do not want to be bothered by sour-graping from a certain institution along Taft Avenue. I know I can actually just individually pick the people who can view a particular blog but that’s just too much effort. Let’s just say that I enjoy having privacy in such a public place… whatever that means.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I totally understand your last statement about having privacy in such a public domain. I used to have this blog where i would try to encapsulate in words my myriad of feelings about this guy. Of course i used a different name, i made the description vague enough that it would not point to me and i made all other details private. I don't think he ever found out - thank God! haha. But at that point in time, that was the only place where i could be cheesy/evil/whiny/honest without any fear of judgment. Every post was an outpouring of my deepest sentiments and yet there was no worry of getting caught. :) I think it boils down to choice: do you want to found or not because, as the old adage goes, you can't find someone who doesn't want to be found.