Thursday, February 12, 2009

USS Enterprise

I had to commute for most of the previous week and it was hell. The problem with commuting is that you have to allot a larger leeway for appointments because of the jeepney driver’s intermittent stops to load and unload passengers. Like what I was saying in my previous blog, we are at that time in our history where our schedules are no longer dependent on the availability of machines, apparently I was wrong.

It’s funny that our speaker last Friday was a trekker or trekkie, whatever may be his preference. I am a star trek fan and I’m currently anticipating the release of the new star trek movie this coming May. I mention this in connection with my “commuting issue” because while sitting in that jeepney I was begging Scottie to beam me up. The world, as we know it, was derived from the minds of science fiction writers. Jules Verne did imagine a bullet shaped space ship. So for me, the one thing I am greatly anticipating is the invention of “teleporters”, no matter how ironic it may sound considering that my nickname is Bones.

No comments: