Thursday, June 25, 2009

Facebook 101

In 2001, I had a GE class that was conducted both in the classroom and in a virtual learning environment that was the UP UVLe(pronounced oble after the oblation). It was fun attending class and simultaneously surfing the net (the downside was internet connection in 2001 was at 50 kbps).

Today, or rather the other day, I saw a professor post a note announcing that he’ll be conducting classes via facebook and has invited others to “sit in” and observe. I have been sitting in as I am curious how his class will turn out. So far a few students have already recited (posted comments). Good thing for them the professor gives class recitation grades because there seems to be little participation from the class. I’m having fun“sitting in” their class while playing poker on facebook. I bet the class members are having loads of fun attending their facebook class from while taking care of cows at Farmtown and shopping at Yoville or while betting the farm at a table here at Texas HoldEm Poker .
This innovation in learning and teaching surely breaks boundaries, both time and distance( and stage fright of students).

I wonder if they can superpoke their professor. lol

1 comment:

ecru_23 said...

that's an interesting setup there..distance learning isn't so bad when you get to play and learn at the same time. lol.

ill try to "sit in" as well. :D