Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hallelujah for Project Guttenberg

I love Project Gutenberg. The online library is a treasure trove of Ebooks that allows anyone from anywhere in the world to access literary works for their enjoyment and learning. Where else but online can I enjoy writings such as the Notebooks of Leonardo Da Vinci (which I browsed during my Da Vinci Code mania days), Doctrina Christiana (which I had to download since I’ve read about it in my grade school history books), the Kama Sutra (I have to be honest, I was curious) and other hard to find thus super expensive books.

I bet that these books would be pricey and too steep for my pockets if they’re even available in Philippine bookstores or through Amazon. But, if I’m truly desperate, I can attempt to brave the musky-smelling UP library. Borrow and read the book inside the room since it would probably be located in the reserved section. Truly, the fact that these Ebooks can be accessed online is a blessing in disguise for Third World students of life such as me.

Ludee

2 comments:

Katrina Aglibot said...

I love Project Guttenberg too! I got my collection of fairy tales there, plus a couple of Virginia Woolf's novels :) love it!

rsq said...

the iliad and odyssey are perfect finds. last time i checked they had three translations.