Monday, June 22, 2009

Hello. I’m Joey, but you can call me Crazy.

I used to blog anonymously and often write in cryptic. But since I have to edit my Blogger profile and put my real name on display for this one, I deleted all the entries in my other Blogspot, uhm, blog.

Why? Because I don’t want to own the words I published. I don’t want random people or mere acquaintances to think that they know me so well just because they’ve read my blog. I don’t want to open myself up to liability, for defamation or otherwise. At the end of the day, I’m just a private person, who only turned to blogs because she lost the key to her desk drawer and has nowhere to keep her old-school journal.

Now won’t you just let me stay veiled and comfortable behind my computer screen?

No, really. I think the internet is wonderful for allowing me and countless others to just put things out there—to have a voice (even when I don’t want others to recognize it), and an audience (who probably don’t find any sense in my writing anyway). And I am actually thinking of putting up a blog with my name on display after this and write about things that matter, things I want to discuss with everyone else. Nothing too personal though. The vastness of the world wide web still scares me.

No comments: