Thursday, December 11, 2008

Work-from-Home

San Francisco, CA: It’s 5am. I need to go to work especially early today. I have a 7 a.m. PST/ 10 a.m. EST conference call with the clients in DC. I’m nervous and feel sick to my stomach. It feels like someone is moving around inside me. Oh wait, I’m pregnant. Good morning baby!

Uh-oh. Baby is moving about making it especially difficult for me to well, move about. It’s already 6 and I haven’t showered or eaten yet. Bad sign. I decide to work from home. I fire up my laptop, log on to my company’s remote environment. (Powered by Citrix. Find out more here.) I open my email and pull up all the documents I also log-on to webex so my client in DC can see my computer screen as I click around software we are creating for them.

Now I need to dial in. I log on to skype and make the call.
I see that my boss is on-line. I inform her that I will be doing the call from home and will be in after lunch. She types back with “That’s fine. See you later.”

I stretch out in my couch, laptop on my lap, headset on, rub my belly and sigh contentedly, “yep, everything’s fine.”

1 comment:

Sam Wonder said...

ezTalks is the world's leading online video conferencing provider that enables you to connect with people anywhere and anytime.
free video calling app
meaning of advantageous
skype screen sharing mac