Wednesday, September 9, 2009

E-Business – Wow! It works!

My wife for the past year has embarked on a small business of selling ladies bags.  It was, and still is, a very modest venture, but fortunately, she has good sales and turn-over.

Just recently, she asked me to help design her multiply page so she could try expanding her market and go on-line.  Quite frankly, I didn’t expect that this would prove to be a very good marketing move, especially considering that I’m quite the conservative regarding views on on-line transactions.  To my surprise, going on-line for small businesses in the Philippines have already produced great results, and the same went for the wife.

Her sales went up at least three hundred percent, and she now has clients from as far as Ilocos in the north, and Zamboanga down south.  Her clients would fill up order forms on her site, pay her with G-Cash, and then she would have the items shipped through a carrier.  Everything is going well, save for a few instances where customers would place orders but fail to follow through with the transactions.  Despite this however, she has yet to encounter real scammers.

In on-line transactions where trust is key, and an actual written and signed contract is dispensed with, it is very good to note that transactions have gone smoothly and without any problem.

I guess it’s time for me to broaden my perspectives on dealing on-line.  It’s working good for my wife, so it should probably also work well for others.

No comments: