Monday, March 3, 2008

Some More on Lozada and his Text Messages

Smart and Globe representatives have spoken. According to the two mobile networks, they don't store text messages, as a general rule. They only keep logs of the messages, i.e., information regarding the numbers of the sender and the recipient and the date and time the message was sent and received. But they store messages of subscribers who are offline or outside the provider's network. And these messages are only stored for one day.

I am relieved to hear this news. I was afraid that if these text messages were stored, we would once again be subjected to modern-day "partylines" or high-tech eavesdroppers. I'm glad to know that my messages are safe from the prying eyes of other people. Now I can peacefully exercise my freedoms of speech and expression.

I wonder how Senator Enrile would react to this news. Perhaps, the issue on these text messages would be added to the growing list of Enrile's unanswered questions addressed to Lozada. We'll just have to wait and see until the next Senate hearing.

Source: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/infotech/view/20080227-121520/Smart-Globe-cant-retrieve-Lozada-Gaite-SMS-for-Senate

No comments: