Friday, March 7, 2008

Writing in Open-Word Harmony

When I first got my Asus EEEPC Ultra Mobile PC, I hated it. I loved the size, look, and weight, but I hated the OS. Although it's XP compatible, it ships with Linux OS. So the word processor was Open Office Writer, which sucks cause I'm more used to MS Word. I couldn't use Suzy (yes, i named the gadget Suzy) for two weeks! Because Suzy didn't have a built in optical drive, I had to buy/borrow an external optical drive to install XP. Imagine my utter happiness when I finally got the XP installed! I really hate Open Office Writer. Sadly, the only computer in OLA that can read USB flash disks doesn't have MS Word installed--only Open Office Writer.

But here's fantastic news for obsessive compulsive people like me who just can't stand Open Office Writer. You can actually tweak the settings of the Open Office Writer to work in harmony with Word documents! Check out this webby: http://www.cnet.com/8301-13880_1-9864262-68.html. It contains tips on how to configure your computer to perfection and prevent anal days when dealing with Open Office Writer. Not that it's much use to Suzy, which is now sporting a spanking new OS!

No comments: