Monday, March 10, 2008

Sorta Kinda Laptop

Last week I blogged about Suzy, my Asus EEEPC. I hesitate to call it laptop, because it's not quite a laptop. Technically, it's an Ultra Mobile PC (UMPC), also called sub-notebooks by some, which functions pretty much like a laptop but with very minimal specifications. Perfect for word processing and connecting to the net on the go, but not for programming, gaming and big applications.

Suzy's great, but here's another UMPC ready to give Suzy a run for her money: The Astone UMPC. It ships with Windows XP, 1.2 gigahertz processor, 30 GB HDD, & 1 GB memory. Battery life is up to 5 hours. Its display is a 7-inch touch screen LCD and has handwriting capability. It has wi-fi, bluetooth & Ethernet capability. And the best part, it's just P21,000!

So if you're game for portable notebook, UMPCs are now in the market to satisfy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm curious about Astone. Does it have a CD drive or will it require a detachable CD/DVD drive? A want a UMPC which will let me use Lex Libris or E-lib, because I intend to use it for law school.