Thursday, December 27, 2007

Online Videoke

My family, especially my relatives in the father's side, loves to sing. We sing whenever there are family gatherings, parties or even when we're just bored. As kids, my siblings and I were introduced to thick song books, the song hits you buy from the market, the karaoke, the multiplex, the minus one, the videoke and later on, the magic mics. Hence, we were really excited when my brother discovered ksolo.com.

The website ksolo.com allows its registered members to sing-along videoke-style with the songs in their database. The songs are divided into different categories such as rock/pop, r&b/hip-hop, 70's, 80's, etc. This allows the user to pick a genre of his choice. The songs are also sorted by title and by artists which makes it easier to search for songs.

Each song is accompanied by graphics which change every six seconds or so. Don't expect too much though. Guys might be disappointed when they don't find the usual sexy bikini-clad women found in videokes.

The professional and competitive videoke singers might not like the fact that there is no scoring system in ksolo. Also the songs are not that updated. So don't expect to find Irreplaceable there. But don't worry, the website has more interesting features to keep one hooked.

One such feature is the record function which allows the user to record his version of the song. The user can upload his version and allow other users to listen and to rate his recording. My siblings and I record our versions but only for our own use. We love listening to our recordings because it makes us feel like real singers. ;-) The user can also listen and rate the versions of the other members. It's interesting to find a number of Filipino members who upload their recordings.

Another interesting feature of ksolo is that it allows users to listen to the vocal version of a song. This means that if a user is not that familiar with a song, he can choose to listen to the version recorded by a professional singer to help him learn it. Later on, when the user has mastered the song, he can now choose the instrumental version and start his videoke session.

I love ksolo because it allows me to sing my heart out in the privacy of my room without anyone judging me even if I am out-of-tune. I'm sure a lot of closet singers will love this website too. It's very easy to use. One just needs a fast internet connection, a free account at ksolo, speakers, and a microphone. Once all of these are ready one can launch his videoke career here. Enjoy! ;-)

No comments: