Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Latest Games

While most of my peers are fond of the latest game consoles such as Nintendo Wii and PSP (Play Station Portable), as well the successors of on-line games DOTA and CounterStrike, I am happy and very much content with the simplest of games, like Minesweeper and Snake (on Nokia phones)! I did not even got into the Playstation 1 bandwagon from a dozen years back.

The past few weeks are “hell weeks” for us in law school, with the numerous papers and homeworks required of us, and not even counting this weekly blog entry which, at least does not require intensive research and legal jargon. Hence I find myself in front of the computer for several hours a day, a couple of days a week. Of course, anyone needs a break, so I am quite grateful for these simple games that keeps my mind off of work for sometime, especially my new favorite: Gnometris.

What the hell of Gnometris, you ask? It is just a version of the old favorite Tetris or Brick Game, this time offered by the Linux operating system. It may seem brainless since one can play it using only four buttons (left, right, up, down) and the graphics is just composed of many colored bricks. But it is so addicting! Now I can barely start any piece of “work” (“work” meaning law-related) in the computer without playing at least one game. Sometimes even in a short entry as this one, I find myself looking for an excuse to take a break by playing this game! Sometimes while in bed or when I close my eyes, I can still see the bricks falling and moving around! I'm Diana and I'm an addict... help! :)

Well, all of us have our own addictions and I am proud to say that I am not into addictions that affects health, such as smoking and drinking. As one of our classmates said in his blog entry, this gaming is an addiction, too. For one, it may cause harm to my health if it causes me shorter sleeping hours. I guess it's time to do something about it before it is too late.

No comments: