Monday, January 28, 2008

Wii Must Lose Weight

Jacq, my blockmate, and I were looking for a gym to help us get rid of our excess baggage. The other day, Jacq told me that there was a newly-opened gym beside her condo building. We were thrilled. I asked her to check out the place so that we can start working out ASAP.

Then Jacq called me yesterday to narrate her funny experience regarding the new "gym." The poster said that the place was called "Frii Spirit." While it does not really sound like a gym's name, Jacq concluded that it was a gym because the model in the poster was an athletic looking girl. However, she was surprised not to find any gym equipment when she went there. When she asked the lady in the counter regarding the "gym", she was informed that it was actually an arcade for Nintendo Wii. The sales girl explained that Wii can actually be a form of physical exercise. On the side, Frii Spirit also sold healthy foods to their customers to complete the fitness experience.

I thought the sales girl was just trying to convince Jacq to try out the arcade. I seriously didn't think that it was possible to have an arcade and a fitness center in one place because I have always associated arcades with sedentary activities. Turns out that I'm wrong.

The Wii can actually be a form of an exercise considering that it requires some physical movement. Nintendo says it can help you lose a couple of pounds in just six weeks. Some say however that Wii alone will not suffice. I personally don't know what side to take. But I'm just glad that the Wii presents another exercise option for lazy people like me. One of these days, I might just take up Jacq's offer to try out Frii Spirit.

Sources:
http://wiinintendo.net/2007/01/15/wii-sports-experiment-results/
http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,141843-c,gameconsoles/article.html

No comments: