Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Beats from my heart


I terribly miss Cebu whenever the third week of January comes along. I miss rushing to novena masses after my class, and the large crowds present. I miss walking around the whole of Cebu City during procession and the barbecue at Larsian's afterwards. Come to think of it, it's one of the few events where I don't mind rubbing elbows with the common tao and be one with the crowd. Most of all, these were one of the a few of the times where I would cry unabashedly in public, tears of joy streaming in my face, for realizing how blessed I was during the past year.

This is Sinulog for me, a lowly promdi who went to Manila to reach for his dreams. This is one of my most anticipated event every year, for here I can express my faith, love and devotion to God without being ashamed of it. This has also been my "recharging" period, after another year of wear and tear.

I don't miss the beats of the drums nor the mardi gras. I don't even miss the drinking binge on the streets afterwards. And I certainly don't miss watching Miss Cebu (slight lang, hehe). For me, Sinulog is the celebration of the heart, a reminder that no matter how unworthy we are, He has never stopped loving us.

No comments: