Thursday, January 13, 2011

why.


Last week, I received a text from Globe informing me how much my outstanding bill for the month was and giving me ultimatum to pay or else my line would get redirected. I was surprised as it was way beyond my monthly plan. So I did what any shocked subscriber would do, I tried calling Globe Telecom’s Customer Service. After 3 unanswered calls, I was really anxious. I tried checking the Internet if Globe has the online support module. This was my last resort as I have little faith on these things. I have tried using the online support for a camera service center before but I did not receive a reply so I end up going to the shop itself just to know the answer to my query. But I needed to know why. ASAP. So even with little hope of getting a reply, I availed of their contact us module. After sending my question, I felt a little better though I had prepared myself for the worst: that I have to go the nearest Globe center just to get the answer to my question.

The next day, when I checked my email, I was surprised to see a reply. I was two months delayed for payment. I was shocked but at the same time, I felt relieved as I was saved from confronting a customer representative over the phone and I was spared from going to Cubao just to know why my bill was unusually big. I got the answer minus the hassle. Now, my faith on these online support modules has grown. I am even considering on enrolling in Globe's online billing statement.

It is funny how people get so queasy of trying new things that technology has given us. Technology has indeed made great innovations in our day-to-day lives. It is only a matter of embracing these new things and putting it to good use.

Entry #8

Pia Augustha G. Agatep

No comments: