Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dessert Comes First

I love to eat. I love to eat out and I love good food. When people ask me if I know how to cook my answer is always "No. Mahilig lang akong kumain." And that is the main reason why I put up my own restaurant and catering business. One of the perks of having your own place is that you get to try new dishes before they are offered as part of the menu. Research---or spying---on other restaurants is also an enjoyable task.

As much as I enjoy those food tests and "research", I was never really much of a dessert person. Normally, I would find myself skipping dessert after each meal. Aside from the fact that it goes against my ultimate dream of having a six-pack, I always preferred steak over cake. However, for the past couple of months I have been---for lack of a better term--forced to eat slice after slice of cakes. I do this not because I am depressed or on a binge but because I am looking for a good cake and pastry supplier for my business.

Thankfully for food bloggers I don't have to try each bakeshop that I see or hear about. I can do my initial survey through food reviews posted on the internet. From there, I can find restaurants, cafes, bakeries, pastry shops, and etc. that are worth visiting. That's the time when my palate comes into play. So instead of packing in an additional 2000 calories for that day, I only add 900 calories or so. That is, if the cake sucked.

post no. 9

No comments: