Thursday, January 13, 2011

Marketing dispute resolutions

I assigned my students to talk about Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) the other day. It was quite interesting. And it's a good thing that I was able to share some of the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) concepts that I learned from our ADR class, too. And when I started talking about the big bucks in ADR, well they just had to ask. :D

Anyway, when we speak about ODR it seems like it's just about making ADR online. Additionally, I think that ODR is a little more than ADR in the sense that ODR can function like the "S" in the https:// of secure websites. :D I'm not sure. I was just thinking that a built-in ODR machinery in websites could probably make online transactions seem safer. Just an idea. I think arrangements with third party ODR institutions could be one way to protect consumers against unscrupulous website owners. It's a great marketing machinery too, because I think persons who are guaranteed that a reliable third party ODR will "broker" consumer complaints or claims in online transactions will eventually choose these websites. It's gonna be something like paypal, i guess. I'm not sure. But it's sure well reading about. Will read more about it soon.




Salma F. Angkaya
Entry #8
(for the 8th weekly entry, but not my 8th entry, because I inadvertenty missed one last week :( )

No comments: