Thursday, November 19, 2009

Musikera

I love music.

I have always loved listening to music. I grew up listening to my father’s record collection – Papa introduced me to Sinatra, Monro, The Carpenters, etc. – and our love of music is something that we have in common. Over the years, I’ve gotten to know other artists - both foreign and local -and I’ve gradually discovered the genres that I personally love. Nowadays, my waking hours are filled with music (the portable music player is genius!) and at night, when I can’t sleep (which is frequent), I put on my earphones, turn on my IPod and listen to music until sleep takes over me.

I am from the province and when I was growing up we only had one FM radio station back home. That didn’t give me much choice as to what songs to listen to but at least it filled my need for music. I was a sophomore in high school when I bought my very first cassette tape. When compact discs started to come out of the market, I was more than excited to welcome the innovation. However, music CDs didn’t come in cheap then (and they are still pretty pricey till now) and so I really couldn’t get everything that I wanted. The advent of the internet and my introduction to the worldwide web led me farther into the vast and limitless world of free music downloading. And just when music binging has never been so pocket-friendly, live music streaming became available in the internet. Now, not only can I listen to music whenever I want and for as long as I want, I also am able to listen to hundreds upon hundreds of songs with just a click of the mouse. The choices are infinite. And the quality has never been better. And the best part of it all is that I can get it FREE of charge!

I love music. And the advancements in technology make loving music easier and so much more gratifying.