Tuesday, November 17, 2009

To Blog or Not to Blog?

I am not an avid fan of blogging. I feel that no one's interested to read about the boring life of a law student. BUT I enjoy reading other people's blogs - no matter how trivial the topic is (I actually like trivial topics - perfect escape from the SCRA :))
I have always admired bloggers. I see them as people with attitude. They are not afraid to speak out and be criticized by others. Now, we can hear all sorts of voices on any subject. It's true democracy at work.
Now that we are required to blog, I can't help but to wonder: What's the fuss about blogging? I came up with the following:
  1. Blogging is a means to transmit information. True, some blog entries are merely rumors but they urge the readers to be more inquisitive and critical. The cliche "Do not believe everything you see on TV" equally applies to the Internet (even if it's published on Wikipedia!)
  2. Blogging is a way to share thoughts and experiences. I always visit food and travel blogs whenever I'm planning to try a new restaurant or visit a new place and I actually heed the bloggers' (read: strangers') advice. Of course, I only have myself to blame if things did not go well.
  3. Blogging is a chance for everyone to have his works and thoughts published. Now, anybody who can express himself and has an active Internet connection can theoretically convey his thoughts to thousands. Now, there's no reason to be shy to showcast one's talents.
  4. Blogging builds relationships. Cheesy as it may sound, but it happens. People from different parts of the world who do not know each other meet online and who knows what can happen after?
  5. Blogging is a source of income for some. Some make money by commercializing their blogs. There is really nothing wrong with it since #1 and #2 mentioned above sometimes have to come with a price.
I have always admired bloggers. I see them as people with attitude...
I've finished this entry in 20 minutes and it wasn't as hard as I've thought. I'd like to give it a shot.
- Glaisa Po (1st entry)

2 comments:

rsq said...

"(even if it's published on Wikipedia!)"--- you mean, ESPECIALLY if it's published on wikipedia?!

irma daldal said...

sorry, my mistake. :)