Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sorry Mark Zuckerberg

This is the first time that I have ever contributed to a blog. It’s the first time that I have ever taken the time to share any written work of mine, although admittedly short, in this particular manner. Short of checking my e-mail in fact, there isn’t much that I find to do on the internet. I have never made so much as a comment on any picture or post, and neither have I ever joined any social network of any sort. Most people I know find this strange. In fact, one person was especially perplexed, he told me that a Facebook account is like an identity, as if to imply that I don’t have one without it.

To be honest, there isn’t an elaborate story on why I haven’t created one. It isn’t really because I don’t have the time. If anything, its probably only because I have yet to find a good enough reason to want to participate in this online community I hear so much about. To my mind, my phone is just as good of a communication device as any, and that any friend of mine will have no trouble reaching me there. Of course, I realize that there will probably come a day when I will have to reconsider. That day hasn’t come yet though. Maybe tomorrow.

Joni R. Gomez, Entry # 1

No comments: