Thursday, June 30, 2011

sideTRACKED

Yesterday.

On or about 1:30am and 4am, someone got robbed.

Same day.

On or about 7:00am and 8:30am, some smart stupid telecom got lost in tracking down the phone and the rest of the loot.

The spiel: they don’t have a ‘tool’ to track it down real-time.

Translation: I can see, but I can’t tell.*



Whatever happened to GPS enabled mobile handset and the rest of the phone tracking services?!

Thing is…a thing remains a thing without a person intervening.

It’s self-service. You fail to activate the service by your self, you end up having nothing on your plate.

But then again, you can activate all services you want but without the person behind the screen, the GPS dot remains a meaningless blinking dot – a blind man’s north star.



Take it from me. Take this…just this…from me.


And perhaps the wind would bring someone’s stuff back to me.

I’d let whoever-you-are keep my neon magic pencil and wooden box of earrings.

Just hand me back my sense of security.



-Crisela Bernardino (entry #2)

………………………………………………….

*GPS= Global Positioning System

See http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/22/AR2007112201444.html?hpid=topnews

No comments: