Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Kris Aquino Doctrine?


Mutual psychological incapacity. I did not know such a condition existed until I read that Kris Aquino was using such as one of her defenses to have his marriage with James Yap annulled.

As far as I can remember, I did not come across such a concept when I took my Persons and Family Relations class during my freshmen year. I do not know how the jurisprudence has changed since then but this is the first time I have heard of such a defense being interposed in an annulment case. Of all the commentaries I read when I was taking my Persons class, not one mention of "mutual psychological incapacity" was made by any commentator. And I must say, learning of this new development is making me interested about the Kris Aquino-James Yap love saga. Few months ago, when I initially heard that Kris Aquino was annulling his marriage to James Yap. I dismissed it as one of those run of the mill showbiz gossip. However, with this development I think that the outcome of this annulment case can dramatically affect the grounds that we have for annulment of marriage.

Who knew that Kris Aquino can dramatically affect the legal community...in a profound way. Heck, we may actually be witnessing the Kris Aquino doctrine being formed. So better stay tuned (if not for the academic benefits, at least for the entertainment factor).

No comments: