Wednesday, September 22, 2010

MALICIOUS Wares Alert!

My laptop is currently infected by ANTIVIRUS 2010 - what shall I call it.. VIRUS? MALWARE? SCAM? Whatever it is, I am currently already super pissed off. I’ve been trying to fix it for days but to no avail. I didn’t even know when and how I got it. One day I just saw this freaking alert in my laptop:




And lo and behold my laptop was running super slow and worse, I couldn’t use the internet except that it opens only one webpage: the site for purchasing the crap.


Based on my research here’s the thing about this annoying application:
Antivirus 2010 Security Centre is a rogue anti-spyware program that is promoted through the use of malware and fake online anti-malware scanners. If you encounter this rogue through malware, then the program will be installed on your computer without your permission or knowledge. More commonly, though, you will instead see a pop-up while browsing the web that states that your computer is infected and that you should scan your computer. When you click on the pop-up it will automatically open a site that contains an advertisement pretending to be an online anti-malware scanner. Once this advertisement is finished, it will state that you are infected and prompt you to download and install Antivirus 2010 Security Centre. The truth is that the fake online scanner has no possible way of knowing what is running on your computer and will state you are infected even if you computer is clean.
When Antivirus 2010 Security Centre is installed it will be configured to start automatically when Windows starts. Once started it will scan your computer and state that there are numerous infectons on your computer, but will not allow you to remove any of them until you first purchase the program. All of the infections it shows, though, are actually legitimate Windows files. Therefore, do not delete any of the files it states are infections or your computer will no longer operate correctly.”


True enough I tried scanning my files through different antivirus applications but still the crap persists. Then I tried anti-malware applications, still, it remains there.


I have not yet checked on the various proposed bills on internet crimes, so I am not sure if these kinds of things are specifically covered by those bills. At the very least it might fall under the “fraud” category. I really really hope those kinds of things would be specifically dealt with because not only are those malwares annoying, they sabotaged my schedule! I should have devoted my precious time in more important things than wasting it trying to fix my laptop because of that malicious malware.
Indeed everybody wants to make money and bad people accomplish this in a manner which is prejudicial to others. Making money through this malware thing is worse than stealing. Certainly, they are like robbers who come more often when you least expect it. Yet, those malware makers are way more ruthless than snatchers and robbers. They steal a person’s money, they waste a person’s time, worse, they corrupt precious computer files!


I just hope I could fix this sooner.


For those who created such application and for those who created, is creating and will create similar stuffs, may the force of KARMA be with you.

For the creators of XP, FIX THIS!!!

And for our lawmakers, I hope in the future these kinds of injustice will not remain unpunished by law.


--Gen S. (7)

No comments: