Sunday, March 21, 2010

Because he is Pacquiao.

desmayoralgo (entry #13)


I never really cared much for anything Manny Pacquiao, but I came across this GQ article (http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/201004/manny-pacquiao-boxer) online, and it was just so brilliantly written that I spent the next two hours researching his life. I think it's even more brilliant that GQ articles are posted online now. I think it costs some six hundred pesos for an actual copy. And had this article not been online, I wouldn't have been able to read it. And I wouldn't have had a newfound appreciation for Manny Pacquiao. I think it's great when publishers offer stuff for free, saves us from all the legal issues to deal with.

1 comment:

bryansanjuan said...

I think what differentiates my townmate Manny (General Santos City) from the rest of the boxers is his being religious, and down to earth. Rarely can you see these traits among American and Mexican boxers.

His businesses in General Santos have generated hundreds of jobs already for our kababayan. And his employees attest to the generosity of this man. Surely, a good person like Manny deserves every blessing. Mabuting tao.

Im just apprehensive about his decision to join politics. Maganda na ang reputation niya. Baka masira lang.