Sunday, March 21, 2010

On the radio.

desmayoralgo (entry #11)

[Jason here was singing Hallelujah, and it took ten million adjustments for the lens to not focus-fail]

I was without the internet for five days, and I wouldn't have heard about Jason Castro's mall tour (yeah, I am aware of how totally embarrassing this is -- the screaming fangirls there were, on the average, twelve years old) if it hadn't been for the radio. I'd forgotten how useful the radio could be. Well, since the iPod was invented.

Anyway, about Jason Castro. See, the problem with American Idol is that you can't vote if you live anywhere outside of the United States. But during the height of the Archuleta-Cook drama, there was this software that claimed to override the system and register calls made from, say, the Philippines and send ten votes per call. I was thinking at that time: is it a crime to call and press 3 and vote for Jason Castro? And be punished for what...hacking?

No comments: