Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Good Friend

For all my misadventures with everything that’s techie, I have enjoyed the benefits of information technology.

After I have made ends and tails of the entangled lines and jacks
of the phone, the modem and the wireless broadband router
which my charming toddler routinely dismantles for fun,
the internet has, then and now, always been a constant source of help and comfort:
(1) when researching the effects of every chemo drug my son Miggy would take when he was diagnosed with leukemia;
(2) giving Miggy something to be occupied with when he had to stop school for a year because of intensive chemo;
(3) communicating re: the benefits, procedure and other details of harvesting and storing my youngest son Anzo’s umbilical cord stem cells in case we might need it;
(4) giving Anzo a headstart on how to work all these gadgets;
(5) or just simply allowing Jam, my tween daughter, to indulge in all things Twilight-y.

SMS, AOL and Yahoo, and now Facebook, have helped me tremendously, allowing my family and friends to virtually hold my hand through the most trying times.

Yahoo and Google also come in handy in my constant struggle to survive law school.

Yup, as untechie as I am, information technology has proved to be a good friend to me.

But no, Virginia, Wikipedia may certainly not be your friend when you’re writing SC ponencia.

No comments: