Tuesday, November 25, 2008

restricted

It’s ironic…
As my “friend list” in my multiply site grows…so does the urge to restrict those people who can read my posts. I have gotten into trouble a few times because of what I have written in MY site. Things got out of control and were blown out of proportion that I cried because a friend got upset with what I wrote around the time of my campaign last year. It frustrates me when I find myself censoring my posts in my own site just so I wouldn’t hurt other people’s feelings or so that I wouldn’t be misunderstood. The more people who have access to my site and posts the more I feel that I have to be wary lest I be misunderstood. Cyberspace is said to be an effective tool for facilitating communication...but, how come the more people i am connected to, the more vague and less accurate my posts get?

It restriction the price of connection?

2 comments:

Charmian Lim said...

I know what you mean! Once, I was involved with two people who both read my blog. I had to make sure I didn't name names or provide incriminatory information. It was a game of misinformation by precisely vague word usage.

The good thing with most blogs is you can filter your entries, but that is too much of a bother. And for those entries/blogs that people do read, there's always the worry that you might get sued for libel... if you're not careful.

reiz tanchico said...

^ *sigh* i think it's such a sad thing when you get to reach a whole lot of people but actually limit yourself from trully expressing what you feel

- reizel