Thursday, December 4, 2008

confessions

I am a copyright infringer; a downloadict who can’t seem to function and proceed to do more important things without seeing max download speeds on my bandwidth meter. I know it’s wrong and very akin to stealing –no, it IS stealing--but I just can’t give up the ease of being able to get newest and freshest albums, comics, and movies at the expense of a few clicks. It’s virtually free since I don’t pay the house bills. All I have to worry about is file storage and backup. Even that is starting to be less of a problem nowadays since storage media is getting cheaper nowadays due to market forces (read: China) and technological development.

I tried to get out of this pit I am in but I just can’t. I even came to a point where I tried to play mind games, forcing myself to think that downloading the latest Hollywood flicks is just as wrong as murdering a person in cold blood.

It did not work. I failed, miserably.

No comments: