Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Plastic Card

Ever since I've opened a bank account with an ATM card, it was only until recently when I started using my card in purchasing from the malls, restaurants and coffee shops. And funny thing was the bank teller did not even know that we can actually use the ATM/debit card in Starbucks and further asked me in which store I was able to use the card.

The impulse was just the same when using a credit card, spend more. But since it's debit, I don't need to worry about burdensome compounded interests monthly.

I've also signed up for online banking so that I can easily track my transactions without having to go the bank itself. Aside from tracking transactions, I can also pay bills and transfer funds by logging into my online banking account.

I'm not worrying too much about my information getting stolen because one, my deposit is in a quite measly amount and two, I haven't put any other information like other accounts with other companies etc. I haven't read about the terms and conditions regarding security and privacy but I supposed the website is secured because it opens up another window directing to eBanking and yes, the https is there with the VeriSign Secured logo.