Thursday, March 12, 2009

Featured website - PCMag.com

It has been months since I last used my Friendster account. I may open it sometimes but it is only to check my Home page and see if some close friends added pictures. But other than that, it is of no use to me anymore as the majority of my “current” and forever friends are also in Multiply or Facebook.

It gives me a bad feeling whenever I see messages of friend request or comments which I failed to respond to for weeks or months already. The senders might construe it as snobbishness but really, I don’t use Friendster that often anymore and I also disabled the Friendster update function from gracing my yahoo mail account.

I am now thinking of deleting my Friendster account. But problem is some of my closest friends continue using Friendster and doesn’t have (as yet) Facebook account. Or they probably think Friendster is the Francis Magalona (bless his soul) of social network and wouldn’t dare switch.

But for those thinking of deleting social networks, blogging services, online retail accounts, etc., PCMag.com has featured steps in deleting these kinds of accounts. “How to delete accounts from any website” features details on how to leave 23 online services behind. The how-to is divided into 5 categories: (1) Social networks – Classmates.com, Facebook, Friendster, LinkedIn, MySpace, MyLife.com; (2) Online retailers – Amazon.com, Audible.com, Blockbuster Online, eBay, iTunes, Netflix, PayPal; (3) Blog services – Blogger, Twitter; (4) Sharing services – Flickr, Photobucket, YouTube; and (5) Online services – AOL/AIM, Apple’s MobileMe, Google, Windows Live ID, Yahoo.

Visit www.pcmag.com for more details.
--
Maria Cristina Yambot

No comments: