Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Of pens and styluses

I used to have the greatest want of having a Palm or any handheld PDA. I could write notes on them, play games, do my work, read e-books, etc. Then, I realized that there are some things, technology cannot replace.

• The sensation of the pen scratching against paper, the difference in the quality of the paper and the satisfaction I get from having found a dark writing pen, and a super nice shade of highlighter. I always make a mistake when signing my name for those times I have to write using the stylus and the pad provided (e.g. Getting my driver’s license and registration for voting, among others).
• Sitting in my couch, or lying in my bed, reading a novel, getting excited to see what the end has in store. I don't have to wait for something to power up. I just flip the page open, find the bookmark or the page I last read, and Voila! The story continues.

So... Handhelds are no longer my dream. I'll just focus my energies in saving up for a Sony PSP or a Nintendo DS so I can play a lot more!

No comments: