Thursday, March 12, 2009

Haha

I never print my e-ticket. It's electronic right? Why do I need to print it? Doesn't it defeat the very purpose for which it was invented? The guards at Ninoy Int'l always hassle me about this. "Hindi nyo pini-rint?" "Hindi po, e-ticket nga e." "Kailangan nyo i-print ma'am." "O sige, sige. Next time. Papasukin nyo na po ko, baka maiwan pa ko." "Sige pasok na po. Next time ma'am ha!"

Ha. Ha.

I was stuck in the San Francisco International Terminal for 24 hours.

I had a connecting flight from Boston Logan to San Francisco, so woke up esp. early so I would not miss it. I was checked in and ready to go 2 hours before my flight. If I had no printed copy of my ticket, how did I know my departure time? The hotel had free wi-fi. I checked on-line.

(I had a rem quiz you see, and I timed my flight so that I would be in at 5am the same day that my 7pm quiz would be held. I planned to study on the plane. Ha!)

BOS to SFO: Check. I was on time and had a pleasant flight even if I was seated next to angry-sweaty- fat-guy-who-needed-a-seatbelt-extender. At least I had the aisle seat. He was stuck in the middle seat. Haha.

SFO to MNL: Not checked. I had about 10 hours fom the time I landed to the time my flight for Manila leaves. Or did I?

I met with a friend for coffee in the Financial District. (What about my luggage you ask? Tip: You can leave your luggage on the conveyer (don't touch it!) and just pick it up from the airline luggage office when you are ready.)

At around 7pm we parted ways as I wanted to go to my favorite San Francisco bookstore. I stood up at around 9pm, and went to the BART station which is connected to the airport.

I picked up my luggage from the airline office and walked languidly to PAL's check in counter. I was alarmed though. I did not see any balikbayan boxes. No Filipinos milling around. For a moment I thought I was in the wrong airport.

And then I saw the sign. My plane left at 9:05pm!!!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Lesson: Print the damn e-ticket.

No comments: