Thursday, January 26, 2012

Applied Gadgetry Series: 11" MacBook Air


If I had to choose one among my gadgets I would keep, I would say it's the 11" MacBook Air.

Best feature: It's literally lightweight but is powerful and durable, weighing only 2.38 lbs., but has the power of the new Intel Core i5 processor (which can be upgraded to i7) and DDR3 graphics memory.

I also like the glass Multi-Touch trackpad, which supports the many features of the OS X Lion. For example, one can 'swipe to navigate' like flipping pages in a notebook, 'swipe between full page applications,' expose all applications through 'mission control,' by just swiping of a certain number of fingers in a certain direction, depending on your set-up.

What I don't like about it is that while the display is quite impressive with the 384MB Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor in Air, but is nothing compared to the stunning high-definition of the MacBook Pro. This meant that Photoshop is a no-no. And, it's $1199, which means digging deep into one's pockets.


It's still my favorite though because it's perfect for general office and web applications and digital photos. And it's so easy to carry around with law books and case files.



Verdict: Power portable.


Photo from: Apple.com

Mary Rhauline Lambino, Entry No. 6

No comments: