Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bashing the DPWH


DPWH: the perfect fuel for road rage.
Wikipedia, although not entirely dependable, has labeled DPWH as one of the most corrupt government agencies in the Philippines. Without any information, articles or statistics to back it up, I completely agree. Why? Because I have first hand experience of the incompetence.
I had talked about the DPWH in my past blog. Nothing could really be done in a week but I had hoped that my frustration with them could already cooled down; and yet they continue to dangle their incompetency infront of me. You see, I pass by marcos highway everyday and everyone who lives in Cainta, Antipolo, Taytay, Cogeo and Marikina can testify the horrfying traffic that haunts the major thoroughfare everyday. The MMDA, although almost equally incompetent in doing anything about the traffic, is rendered almost pointless with all of the piled up road work that is covered up with second rate asphalt that washes out after three hours of rain.
Marcos Highway is reduced to a two and even one lane road (it’s a HIGHWAY not an eskinita!) 
Scattered are puddles and potholes, cones and concrete barriers, confusing u-turns, jeepney’s without any proper stops, pedestrians crossing everywhere (even at night!) and motorcycles weaving around cars avoiding the traffic (but crashing. I literally see one motorcycle accident every five days.).
Its not just irritating anymore, its just impossible. With a 90 Billion budget, cant you really use concrete to cover up the road? Or make sure that people are working on the road even at night so that when the rush hours arrive, the chaos is lessened?
By Trisha Isabelle F. Fernandez Entry #05

No comments: