Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Another Shot at Stardom


The latest season of American Idol started last January and has got me hooked. Apart from the new judges, the alluring and always sexy Jennifer Lopez and the crazy-fun Steven Tyler, what got me watching are the Filipinos trying their luck and some successfully. Two Filipinos got far as the live show—Chris Medina and Thia Megia. Chirs didn’t make it to the Top 13 but fortunately Thia did. The petite 15 year-old, with curly hair, nice wide smile, and big voice has consistently wowed the judges and has proven her worth in the competition as a major contender.

Filipinos are no stranger to American Idol, alumni include Jasmine Trias, Camille Velasco, and Ramielle Malubay with Jasmine going as far as the top 3. I’ve always wondered what the results would be like if the voting is available here in the Philippines- the texting capital of the world, maybe Filipinos would have better chances of winning.

In any case, I’m keeping my fingers crossed and my hope alive for Thia!


Paul Obmina, entry no. 15

No comments: