Thursday, March 17, 2011

Midnight Snack


Ever since we were kids, my mom would cook for us something to eat before we sleep at night. This is just one of those that I'm looking forward to after a very long and tiring day at school or at play. She would let us taste new recipes she learned, old recipes which she kept from us during meals and sometimes, if she's not up to it, just orders fastfood delivery. This has become a practice to us to the point that whenever I sleep at some other place, I can't sleep if I'm not full.

But it's not just about the food.

It's the getting together of the family, just sharing jokes and anecdotes throughout the day. Since most of the serious stuff were already exhaustively exhausted during dinner, we would just talk about light stuff like school crushes, embarassing moments, or even plain rubbish talk. We thoroughly enjoyed not only the food, but also the people you are eating it with. I'm proud to say that my family is as close now than it was before.

At present, I can't enjoy a midnight snack due to my ballooning weight. But I could certainly use someone to talk with at the most relaxing time of my day.

No comments: