Thursday, March 17, 2011

online application


Four months ago, my sister graduated from college and she did not know what she is going to do next, so she thought of trying out her luck in getting a master’s abroad. Since she cannot immediately leave for Canada or the US, she checked the Internet for universities which cater to the course she wanted. She applied for her TOEFL and IELTS online. She also submitted her application online. Almost all her requirements were submitted online, except of course the letters of recommendation and her transcripts of record. I was hesitant on this way of processing her application. I was afraid that it might not be taken seriously and that it would be better if she process it personally, meaning going there and actually submitting the application herself. But yesterday, she proved me wrong. She got an email from the university where she applied. She got in. I was so proud of her but more so, I was amazed that it actually worked-- online university application does work. I realized that I still lack trust on our ICT developments. I guess sometimes, we just have to trust that these technological advancements will see us through, that they actually work. Because they actually do work, it is just up to us to use them intelligently. My sister just did. :P

Pim, congratulations! :)


__________________________

Entry #17

Pia Augustha G. Agatep

No comments: