Thursday, March 10, 2011

Submission


A recent article in Yahoo! caught my interest yesterday. (http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/sex/hyphenated-married-name-fight-heats-up-on-facebook-2457045/) It's an article about woman hyphenating their family names when they get married. The author was ranting about why she should drop her family name just because she is getting married.

I think that is completely the point: total submission of yourself to your husband. I am an old hopeless romantic and I am more traditionalist when it comes to having a family and marrying. I believe that in order to be truly happy, the wife must be submissive to the husband. It is a tried and tested formula and has withstood and weathered the tests of time. If there is nothing wrong, then don't fix it. Fewer marriages succeed these days because, I think, the spouses confuse their roles.

What is a name, after all, compared to a lifetime of bliss.

No comments: