Wednesday, March 9, 2011

SHAM-e ON ME




Times are rough. There is scarcity of work and a surplus of workers. People are spending less and the economic cash flow has slowed down even further. Some have resorted to pickpocketing, hold-ups, kidnapping and other nasty deeds just to make a quick buck to feed their families.

The dawn of technology has even bolstered the number of scams and gave them more access to the public. Even been cyber scammed? Well I have and the lax vibe of the world of technology has made it all happen. My first experience with it was in ebay. I was buying my coveted Stormtrooper uniform from a guy in Australia. The package never came. I had reported his account in ebay but my money would never be returned, all they can do is close his account. I spent hundreds of pesos more trying to call him and have the uniform delivered but nothing ever came of it.

The next time I got scammed was just yesterday. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. It must be my trusting tendencies that get me in loop. House of Food Concepts (http://houseoffoodconcepts.multiply.com/)posed themselves as a legitimate business. Beware! They delivered what I ordered the first time and when I ordered in bulk the second time, they stopped replying altogether.

As our technology develops, the world of cybercrime continues to grow and be more complicated. Now because of the technology itself but the minds and desires of the people who commit these deception.

By Vann dela Cruz #16

No comments: