Friday, March 11, 2011

Supervised Legal Research


Deadline: MARCH 7.

December: I still lack research materials.

When I was starting with my research for my SLR, I had a hard time looking for some materials I could use. A friend introduced the Philippine Law Journal (PLJ) to me. She taught me how to look for articles in the PLJ. But then, of course, I had to look for other literature on my topic. I searched for books and luckily, I was able to find two books relevant to my topic. However, I still have to find other materials. The last thing I resorted to was Westlaw.

I first used Westlaw when I was in 1st year (I think). I did not use it often. I only use it when a class requires me to do so because I thought, what does Westlaw have that books don’t? But Westlaw proved me wrong. It offers so much more. It is more updated and it provides more materials as it gives you an access to the different journals of the different law schools abroad. Furthermore, I can just send it to my email so I can continue my reading at home.

Truly, Internet has crossed the borders and broken the barriers. Through the use of Internet, one can easily conduct his or her research. Anyone can access any journal, law or case decision she/he needs. Once again, Internet has proven that its positive contribution outweigh its negative effects. After all, it is not the technology which determines the outcome of its usage. It is the user. It is up to us to put it to good use.

________________________________________

Entry # 14

Pia Augustha G. Agatep

No comments: