Wednesday, December 8, 2010

24


Tomorrow, I'm turning a year wiser.

But I don't want any more gifts.

I want to make a change.

I think I've reached a point in my life where personal achievements no longer thrill me. I do not find satisfaction anymore in bragging about what I've done and reached. I am also not excited by the fact that I'm about to reach another milestone in my life.

So what makes me happy?

Waking up each morning with the two of you beside me.

Cooking meals for you.

Shopping for gifts and watching the reaction from your face every time you opened them.

Giving you a massage every night even if I'm tired.

Listening to you making funny sounds when talking to Ally.

You see, the only gift that I could ever ask for from you, is for you to smile, for you to be happy.

On my birthday, it's not about me, it's about you.

I'm 24, and I couldn't ask for more.

2 comments:

Alexandria said...

Can I just say that I love Pon and Zi? :)

Maricris L. Real said...

Happy birthday..:)