Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bacon

For me, bacon is one of the best comfort food around. It's simple and it's sinful. Classic comfort food. There's just something about pork fried on more fat. Fat is good. Food becomes richer with fat.

Bacon is the perfect example of an otherwise bland food that becomes great because it has fat. Take out the fat and all you have is a regular ham. The fat layers between the meat is what makes it special. Try frying a slice of ham without fat. It just won't work. Bacon is at it's best when deep fried to a crisp. Just the way I like it. Add some fried rice and fried egg, and I'm a happy camper.

The best thing about bacon is that it goes with anything. It's really a versatile food. It can be a main ingredient or it can be the side dish that makes the dish complete. I tell you it does go with anything. Of course there are the usual stuff like pizza, burger, silog, and etc. I've tried bacon ice cream and it was good. I've tried chocolate covered bacon and it was also good. Bacon over mussels with some chorizo cream sauce is simply delicious.

I love bacon. In fact, I'm going to have some. Writing about it made me crave for some baconsilog.

No comments: