Thursday, December 9, 2010

wikiPILIPINAS



It is amazing how you can find almost everything in the internet. From the life story of your favorite artist to scientific terms like episiotomy, you can read it there. You just have to go to Wikipedia. And I must admit, I'm one of those people who just go to Wikipedia to find out about things and really rely on what's written there.

In wikipedia, we see that some articles are written in other languages such as French, Chinese, Bahasa Indonesia and Spanish. But I haven't seen an entry written in Filipino. And for me, it is sad. So I wondered, do we have our own wiki? (Because at that time, the only wiki I know was Wikipedia) So I did what any person would do, I googled wikiphilippines. The results returned were articles about the Philippines in wikipedia and some other sites and WikiPilipinas. I was surprised to see a wiki devoted entirely to Philippine history, culture and everything related to the Philippines. So I checked WikiPilipinas' site. I was delighted to find out that there is a wikiFilipino. At last, a wiki which provides articles in Filipino! However, it still has few articles. It still needs contribution from users like us.

So, my dear classmates, let us help in improving our very own wiki. Let us contribute! :)




Disclaimer: I don't work for wikiPilipinas. :)

___________________

Entry # 4

Pia Augustha G. Agatep


3 comments:

vanndamann said...

wikILOKANO adda? :D

vanndamann said...

haha.. adda! ngem, awan link na :D

Pie Agatep said...

hehe! nu addan ket agsurat tan tu! :)