Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ate's New "Racket"

One of my favorite cousins lives in Batangas with her family. Aside from texting, every now and then, we would chat over YM and call each other over the landline given that it’s cheaper to make NDD calls now.

So this afternoon, I called her to check on her and rant about some things. She said that being a housewife bored her to death and that she was now looking for a job over the net-the type where you work from home. Apparently, the wife of our other cousin introduced such concept to her.

She began to explain to me that she registered on this website (I forget! Sorry!) and that she had to bid for certain projects and await the result of the bid for about 2 to 5 days. She’s eyeing that data processing project I think. This will earn her about Php 20,000 a month. Not bad considering that she’s just going to stay home and she could still tend to her kids.

The world is constantly changing and people are indeed performing more transactions over the Internet. Whoever thought that people who have never interacted or met each other would be able to collaborate on projects such as those on said websites and upon completion tender payment via bank deposits. No need for human face to face interaction indeed.

Considering that we’re in recession and a lot of people are getting laid off work, I think this is a viable option for housewives or even those currently unemployed to augment their household’s income. Parents can be with their kids more and yet at the same time earn.

Now imagine if during the time of my mum this was already viable. Since she’d have a lot of time in her hands (as I heard 4-5 hours per day will do per project), she’d probably forever be breathing down my neck and following me everywhere I go. Oh no! Thank you for coming a decade too late, “work-from-home” jobs. Haha! Kidding, mum! =)

No comments: