Thursday, August 13, 2009

Computer Dependency II

Just last week, I was blogging about how there should be some form of regulation in order to discourage the development of addictive behavior to the internet. Guess what? I guess now’s the time for me to find out how much the computer has taken over my life. Yikes. Now that I think about it, I don’t really want to put it that way since that just seems really bizarre and excuse me, but dorky.

However, it cannot be overemphasized how much the computer has played an essential part in my life as a law student. This is what I realized last night, when right before I was about to refresh what I’ve earlier read for Pub Off, I opened my laptop only to find a blank gray screen staring at me, or vice versa. Point is something was wrong with it which ultimately prohibited me from reading my cases. Then came the further realization that all my work as a law student, such as my pleadings, my schedule, my reports, and even my blog entries, will have to be put on hold as my ever-reliable device has temporarily ceased to be reliable.

And yes, that really sucks.

I guess what I’m driving at is that computers and the internet have practically become essential parts of our lives. It’s almost as if the computer has become an extension of our bodies, without which we are not able to function normally and properly. There are just too many transactions, communications, and documents which have to be completed thru the use of computers.

Ultimately what I'm trying to say is that one should always have back-up.

No comments: