Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Scared of the Big C

I got my very first credit card a few days ago; and it scares the living **** out of me.

All my life, I've been hearing horror stories about credit cards, credit standing and credit history. I've seen overcharging of interests, compounding of late fees, and worse , credit card fraud! With all these fears, it's no wonder I still haven't activated my card.

But of course, I have to cross that line some time. We live in a constantly evolving world where the credit card along with other ICT innovations have ceased to become luxuries but rather necessities. To live in eternal fear of the technological unknown would mean getting left behind by my peers... my children... the world!

And so, I bid goodbye to my old supplemental/extension credit card from my parents account, and say hello to the risks that come with having a card of my own. It will definitely be so much scarier purchasing from eBay or Amazon now. Oh fun!

No comments: