Sunday, August 23, 2009

To: Rob Pattinson
From: Your #1 [online] fan

I admit, I google you everyday.

Last week, though, I felt a pang of guilt after reading one article about you. It read, Rob Pattinson: Twitter has ruined my life. In it, you were quoted as saying, “Because of internet stuff and Twitter, there will be a crowd if you are in a place for more than half an hour...I’ve learned never to stay in the same place for more than 20 minutes.”

Like you, I would freak out if hordes of people follow me around and knew my every move. I would also feel weird about random strangers knowing my birthday, shoe size, the contents of my pantry, my family members’ names, etc. But you’re right, it’s not completely OUR fault. The internet is responsible for this hysteria! It’s the spinach to Popeye, the mitochondria to eukaryotic cells. It feeds us fangirls with all sorts of information (and images!) that makes us more obsessed everyday. It powers our fantasies and sometimes gives us a different sense of reality. It makes us feel close to you in spirit, like we know you and you know us. And with the combined forces of network sites, forums and fansites, we are unstoppable— a force your bodyguards need to reckon with. We can replicate Beatlemania with one tweet.

While I am not guilty of physically following you around, I’m guilty of diligently following you online. Sorry, Robert, for sort of invading your privacy. Sorry, too, because I can’t promise to stop doing it. After all, you're just a click away.

[Disclaimer: As with a lot of stuff you read on the internet, this article may be a bit exaggerated to prove a point. But I do ♥ Rob Pattinson! Hahaha!]

3 comments:

Amberle Brin said...

HAHAHA! One look at the title and I knew it was you. Well...the price that comes with fame. Kaya sa October...wag mo na siya puntahan. :p

Emil Rey I Balaleng said...

"It’s the spinach to Popeye, the mitochondria to eukaryotic cells." Wow, hindi ko kinaya! Haha! Although for the normal, non-celebrity people, I think once you release information into the net as in Facebook or whatever, there's always that danger of being stalked.

Sigh. Celebrity-hood. Haha. ;-)

Joanna Eileen Capones said...

@aida: I can't not go! It's an event naman so I won't be "stalking" him. Not unless I decide to follow him to his hotel. Hahaha.

@emil: True. Everyone is stalker bait nowadays!