Saturday, August 22, 2009

Audio,Video,Disco (i listen,i watch, i learn)

The world wide web is like a humongous library, full of information represented by different medium, there‘s plain text, still images, videos, music and other audio files. Lately, I noticed that I have become heavily dependent on the Internet for information. I Google almost everything. From definition to translation, I even Google word spelling. Not only do I watch my favorite shows in YouTube, It is also full of instructional and educational videos. From history to cosmetics, you can sure finds instructions in YouTube. For life instructions, I always find YouTube very handy. I consult it for my DIY (do-it-yourself) situations like cooking, putting on make-up, removing stains, making sushi, work out routines and a myriad other things.

Admittedly, the internet is a dangerous source of information for the undiscerning. My friend who teaches in a school in Taft Avenue once told me that she gets so frustrated when checking her students’ term papers because either the paper does not acknowledge sources or the source is Wikipedia or worse it’s a combination of the two. But there are good stuff here, online journals offer information for free, we can also watch educational videos from www.youtube.com/edu. You tube has partnered with Universities like Harvard NS University of California and hosts videos for them for the consumption and information of the general public and select audience.

It is a jungle of information, the World Wide Web. We should be discerning as consumers, we can’t just take what’s published online because there is no regulation as to the veracity of the information. A discerning mind can truly listen, watch and learn online.

No comments: