Thursday, February 2, 2012

Around the World in 5 minutes

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."



This famous saying of Lao Tzu goes back to 6th century BC. More than two thousand years later, a man decided to take on this challenge and journey around the world. Armed with a trusty camera, two tireless feet, and a broad sense of adventure, Kien Lam decided to quit his day job and see the world from his own lenses. He travelled to 17 countries for 343 days. He boarded on 19 planes, 58 buses, and 18 boats. He snapped a total of 6237 photographs. After speeding around the world, he came up with this masterpiece: a five-minute video that chronicles the most amazing places on Earth.

This man is inspiring. I may not be able to do what he did (I hope I can in the future!), but he made me realize something important: by going out of our comfort zones and facing the world with hope and heart, we may be able to see how truly beautiful the world is.

I hope you enjoy this video as much as I did.

Angeli I. Serapio, Entry #7

No comments: